One day after the conference released its post-season honors for men’s basketball, the PAC-10 announced its awards for the women’s game on Tuesday. Stanford stole the show, and had 6 different members of the team (including head coach Tara VanDerveer) receive awards from conference headquarters in Walnut Creek. Stanford recipients are as follows:
- Senior G Jeanette Pohlen: PAC-10 Player of the Year, All-PAC-10 (3rd career all-conference selection)
- Senior F Kayla Pedersen: All-PAC-10 (4th career all-conference selection), All-Defensive Team Honorable Mention
- Junior F Nneka Ogwumike: All-PAC-10 (2nd career all-conference selection), All-Defensive Team Honorable Mention
- Freshman F Chiney Ogwumike: Freshman of the Year, All-Freshman Team, All-PAC-10, All-Defensive Team
- Freshman G Toni Kokenis: All-Freshman Team Honorable Mention
- Head Coach Tara VanDerveer: John R. Wooden PAC-10 Coach of the Year
The women’s game does not have an all-PAC-10 first and second team, as the men do. Instead, the conference selects 15 players to constitute the All-PAC-10 team.
Of the four individual awards, Stanford won three (John R. Wooden Coach of the Year, Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year). The last, Defensive Player of the Year, went to senior forward Ify Ibekwe of Arizona.