- Stanford women’s basketball continues to struggle on the road. The Card gave up a late lead and fell to #6 Tennessee in overtime on Sunday evening.
- Meanwhile, the #1 team in the country and Stanford’s December 30 opponent tied UCLA for the longest winning streak in Division I basketball history. Stanford was the last team to beat UConn.
- Legendary Stanford and 49ers coach Bill Walsh continues to affect the way that Stanford football plays and operates. Apparently he also played a key role in recruiting Andrew Luck.
- Virginia Tech will sport orange helmets in the Orange Bowl. That’s clever.
- Stanford fullback/middle linebacker Owen Marecic will star in a feature for CBS Evening News that will air in January.
- Stanford currently checks in at second for women and unranked for men in the standings for the new and entirely unnecessary Capital One Cup.
- One of last spring’s most popular courses on the Farm in now available to the public for free on iTunes.
- Maybe, just maybe, Jim Harbaugh will return to the Farm for the 2011 season.
Around the Web
December 20, 2010
More articles by The Daily Axe Staff »By The Daily Axe Staff